Painters Online coronation special

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Fair enough, I don't have psychic powers, so perhaps it is only a small proportion who will object (perhaps just me). I understand we all have genuinely-held opinions on the matter. Mine were honed during the Catalan independence movement in 2017 when the power of the monarchy was used to ill-effect leading to violent repression, so I can no longer see it as merely ceremonial. Yes, it is a bit of history -- but then so was Brexit and I don't imagine POL wanted to cover it (I wasn't a subscriber at the time so perhaps I'm wrong about that!) Right, back to the 'distraction' canvas I started this morning (I knew I shouldn't have opened my email...)
I hoovered cobwebs off the ceiling in the bedroom. I know how to rock and rollllll 😂
What is great about this site Martin is we are a friendly lot( usually) and allowed to have opinions..hope your painting turned out well., I  ironed  my car..
Martin, no problem with your opinions - some of us just didn't agree with 'em, others did.  You make an interesting point about Catalonia - yes, the power of the monarchy was used to stifle its independence movement, but it was also used to prevent a Franco-revivalist coup years before.   Just a thought - being a little long in the tooth, I remember things that can counter the current narrative.  I don't remember - wasn't born - but am also aware of the role played by King Christian of Denmark during the Nazi occupation - he didn't make a run for it, as Haakon did in Norway, or Wilhelmina did in Holland: he stayed and represented a force which couldn't resist the Nazis but could emphasize that Denmark was still Denmark: the importance of that stance was acknowledged by all at the time, even the Germans: and ensured the survival of the Danish monarchy after the war (the monarchies of Norway and Holland survived too, of course).   I do see and understand the impatience with the symbolism, which has a great deal to do with the Church of England guarding its privileged place in the legislature: and I could do without that, and, come to that, the Church of England.  'National' churches tend to hold societies back - whether the Orthodox Church in pre-revolutionary Russia, or the Roman Catholic hierarchy in Ireland;  maybe we should lose more than we gain by removing the church from state affairs - it's very hard to know, until it's been done.  But - if I get fed up with this, it's because I think republicanism is a cause of the faux-radical - who like to change appearances, but not substance.  Anyway, pray forgive this disquistion - I'm an old politician, and like to explain myself at, quite possibly, tedious length.
The fandy coronation coaches have given me something to do with the black watercolour paper and the glittery paints I bought on a whim before last Christmas.

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.

Haha, that almost sounds like something an AI bot would say.
Does, doesn't it? This has been reported, but as I'm off to the dentist I don't have time to consider it properly right now: I'm sure someone will.  Found the embedded link for a "psychic" now, realized this is an old post of mine, fiddled with, and have removed it.  

Edited
by Robert Jones, NAPA

I think there's more than one.  It might be a language problem, but there's a pattern of:  no profile details, and pleasant but disconnected responses from some of the newer members. Good luck at the dentist Robert.
My dentist is a Mr Perfect - well-named this time, because he found nothing that needed treatment.   Yes, there are some posts that dig up old threads and make a random remark on them; I dont know what that's all about, if anything, but it does trigger the "keep an eye on this one!" response.  Copying and pasting  is acceptable only if it's part of the Quote response; it's not acceptable if advertisements and links to crooks and charlatans are included - that's what "psychics" tend to be, though if they sincerely believe in their non-existent powers they are at best not terribly well.   And now for my mid-day snooze...
Showing page 2 of 2