Free advertising

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Probably wasting my time here,  but - why on earth do some people, who have made absolutely no contribution to this site ever, think they have the right to post free advertising for whatever product they're offering?  The minute I catch it, I'll remove it - but one has to sleep now and then...  I have no proprietary interest in this site, even if it is one of my favourites: but I just don't get even the commercial appeal: if you post advertising on the site and won't pay for it, it shows a) you're a cheapskate company/individual; b) you can't afford advertising at proper rates, so you're probably not a bona fide company/individual either; c) you have no interest in the opinions of those who use this forum, and hold them in contempt, so can expect the same in return with knobs on.   Is THAT what you want us to think of you?  That you're mean as tongs, contemptuous of our members, unprofessional, and cheap?  I get that some third world would-be sellers have a problem with affording advertising - not without sympathy, either.  But ask the company if you can place an advertorial article with them, at least: reach out and try to establish some bond of interest, rather than just infest its web-page. Obviously this IS a waste of time for foreign-language posters who'll neither read nor understand it and are probably fairly desperate, but you're not ALL hole-and-corner enterprises in Vietnam, are you?  Some of you can understand, should know better, and don't care - well: CARE.  You're doing your own business a power of no good. 
Well said ! Robert.
Robert you are doing a stirling  job. Thank you.  I agree with your comments wholeheartedly. Sadly they will probably fall on deaf ears . 
Robert you are doing a stirling  job. Thank you.  I agree with your comments wholeheartedly. Sadly they will probably fall on deaf ears . 
Sylvia Evans on 19/01/2020 05:14:26
Yep - the Runescape scammers are back already.
Thank you Robert. We do appreciate what you do to rid the site of this irritating rubbish!