Some other craft things

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I don't know if this is the correct place to put this but here goes. Although watercolour painting is my first love, I do make other crafty type things as well for our WI competitions. For the county show this year, the theme was Beatrix Potter as it's her 150th anniversary. I entered a few classes and thought I would show you what I made. Firstly, one class title was "an owl in any craft". I made a papier mache barn owl, he is about 10 inches tall, I used gouache to paint him with. unfortunately he didn't win any thing but I enjoyed making him anyway. The other item I made was for the class entitled "a scene from the Jeremy Fisher story" in sugarcraft or cold porcelain so I made mine from cold porcelain. It was displayed on a 12" cakeboard, so really it was for the top of a birthday cake. He was sitting on a lily pad fishing and by his side his basket contained his butterfly sandwichesI was lucky and won third prize!
Clever you.... I just can't do stuff like this so full of admire.
It's lovely to see Margaret - clever girl! Though I am into other crafts, i.e. needlework etc., I can't make anything like this.
Why thank you Sylvia, Syd and Adele, I appreciate your comments.
Two wonderful exhibits, Margaret, two of my favourite subjects, smashing work.
Thanks Carole, I think I will have to try painting an owl soon.
Look forward to seeing your work.