EXCLUSIVELY DIGITAL

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I was surprised this week to receive a cheque from the Inland Revenue as reimbursement for tax overpaid. So I decided to download an upgrade of Corel Painter12 to Painter 2015. The latest version claims to have improved pressure sensitivity which makes 'painting' on a tablet with a stylus more like using a conventional brush. Great if it lives up to all it claims but I'm sceptical at the moment. Back in June two forward looking lads posted a thread about tablet apps which was good to see. One who signed off as Thomas was experiencing difficulty making linear drawings with a stylus. Line drawing with a stylus can be a messy business. It's probably easier to develop the subject in terms of shape, then touch in linework with a fine digital 'brush' to finish. That's a method fairly frequently used by watercolurists. So Ruskin's advice - which I quoted on another thread - 'dirtying the paper delicately' carries over to 'tinting the screen lightly.' for a first statement. A sound method becomes universal. So I'm going exclusively digital for a time and I'll maybe post the occasional comment on my blog. Previous attempts to introduce sensible discussion about digital painting on this forum were not well received.