Computer generated art

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Is this the right website for people to be posting computer generated art? I don't mean as one person has on his blog, done computer art which he uses as a plan for his paintings, I mean vector art and purely computer enhanced photos. I see today someone has posted a lot of quite pretty vector art but it seems to me that, as the Gallery page states, this should be for paintings and drawings. It is after all called "Painters" online and computer art certainly isn't Painting.. We also seem to be getting an awful lot of people recently just blatantly advertising their paintings, cards and posters for sale rather than posting paintings in order to get comments and feedback. What with the adverts and the computer art the site seems to me to be losing its focus. There have been so many bulk commercial postings today I've missed dozens or what I'd think of as genuine paintings. I posted one that didn't stay on more than 5 minutes for which I really needed feedback but I know POL are going to address the issue of bulk postings. However the blatant self promotion with prices and details of frames etc and now computer generated stuff just seems wrongto me. We have lots of professional artists on the site who don't do this and for whom I am extremely grateful; it gives me something to work towards and an absolute thrill when one of them comments favourably on a painting. They correctly do their advertising in the marketplace or under "Tutors" and just post paintings on the gallery for us all to see, to admire and to aspire to. (and they are brave enough to leave their work open to comments) (Diana- donning her flame suit)