Any YouTube channel?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hi everyone! My name is Ramon and I'm working on Spaniarts, a youtube channel, with my brother. (link at my profile) Is anyone here working with YouTube to spread his/her art to the world? Is easy to make a channel with lot of views and subscribers? Is it a way to make a bit money to buy art materials? I hope your answers! Thank you!!
Hallo Ramon, and welcome. There is a member of POL named Alan Owen, who has put his video demonstrations in watercolour on YouTube. Alan is over 80 now, and I don't think he's very interested in making money from YouTube - he's much more inclined to give things away, including his 60 plus years of painting expertise, but you might find his experience interesting; he also has a link to one Dave Usher, who I believe does make a little money via YouTube: I don't know how, but plainly there are opportunities there. You might find his channel interesting too. Certainly, YouTube can be a very good way to publicize your painting - how good it is at making you money I don't know, because I don't put my own work up there (no video camera, not much space, no filming expertise - and I'm bone idle). But some very good artists use it, and I presume some of them at least must benefit from it. It certainly seems to be addictive.
It's not that easy to have a lot of visitors and views on your Youtube channel. First you have to identify the audience to target. You can make money from YouTube or any other affiliate program to buy anything.
I have just found one that helped us to make a medieval costume very cheaply, but sorry it won't help you. Good luck
there are scammers who say ,, we have seen how good you are ,(BS) we will help you make money and publicise you .If you sign with us , they don't mind taking 25% from a few thousand youngsters even if they have made only a few pounds each. but lots of young people have been suckered in ,who signed for twelve months and can't get out of it, .you can spend hours making tube videos and end up with not enough to buy you paper and paints , ,but I will leave it at that
Thank you Pat ,hugs. I don't do it for the money but I cover my expenses for paints ,,and it keeps me going .we are like a friendly art group .with no upsetting fall outs ,and chat with each other like we are a family .with sweet comments .and feelings .. Dave one of our class .said the other day ..Alan .our friend is a little down at the moment ,.give her a call ....so I do.. she is such a lovely lady ..we enjoyed an hour .nattering ..I have two friends who were made to leave an art group by upsetting remarks about them ,and that still hurts , take care everyone all the best.