Storing a pallet of color in the Freezer

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
The question got overlooked in all this - "how long would paint left in the freezer last?" Well - indefinitely, I should think - the pigment won't suffer, the oil would be the problem element, together with any additives we don't always know about.  Oil - Linseed or Safflower - can cope with temperature changes while still retaining its qualities, in this case when restored to its normal state.  So why not do it, when art students were always told to be generous with their paint and to squeeze out more than they thought they'd need, so had paint left over?  Well - for one thing, I rarely have much paint left over, though there's always some: the thought of picking it carefully off the palette and droppint it into plastic containers does not appeal; and for another, if the issue is that you've mixed the colour and want to go on painting with it - if you've mixed it once, you can surely mix it again? 
Just to let everyone know pacemaker has been fitted and I'm now resting at home. Med cruse in May (18 days) I can't wait, I'm looking forward to taking lots of sky Photo's also street photo's  Decided to abandon trying saving oil paint James
Great news about the pacemaker and you get to sleep in your own bed tonight 😊 Enjoy your cruise too.
Good news, James; think you're wise about the oil paint, and if I could join you on your cruise, I would.  Enjoy.  
Showing page 2 of 2