Olie painting on wood panel 19th century. Possible from Mary Cassatt ?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ata6esVwrzcZhJE8s6WSEfZwDvS2ww?e=AapcqB
See the reply on your Renoir post.
What makes you think this is a Mary Cassatt?  I can't see any resemblance to any work of hers - it's of some age, but a strangely static painting, as if the girl in the picture has no relationship with the cat at all, but is holding it stiffly and reluctantly and can't wait to be rid of it (as indeed, she might well be).  I don't think for a minute that this is a Mary Cassatt, or even a particularly good painting; and had it been, I'd have expected it to be framed rather better than this.   Do you have any reason to think this is a Cassatt, or was that just a wild (and hopeful) guess?  Hope is a fine thing, but a touch of realism helps as well.
Nah decidedly not a Mary Cassatt. Luc van dyck if you have this stash of apparently amazing paintings I don’t really know why you are putting them on this forum .  Just take them along to art experts and get a professional opinion.  I also note that you don’t really seem very interested in the reply’s you have received .
Thank you for your reply and opinion. Indeed the signator is hard to read. The colors and look af the girl loock a little of the works of Mary Cassatt. I will search for a expert who could help me.  Thank you
That makes sense Luc.
so I am having a go with oils again. after forty or so years .or more when I think back to art school. ok so how do I get covered with paint when I use them ,,, the rag I use I put down and then forgot ,,when I started using my watercolours what's that in my water and on   my brush ,,ok I will leave it for a while  so I take the palette back in the shed and think how do I clean this thing   ok I have some swarfega  so I scrub the platte all over and wash it of   but still a greasy finish  oh yes the sink  .. move the dishes . why has she left them again  ""Marie   the washing ups not  done "".  ok plenty soap and a rub over the palette  back to the painting lark now for the brushes ..Dave says (use washing powder in a jar with hot water ).   .  oh .no. the bristles are looking rough, now    my hands are itching and what with the washing powder. and the swarfega , my paws are  chapped   ok   so wipe the brushes after each colour or buy a load of brushes one for each colour ,, oh but I could wipe the brushes with an old towel ..but I have used all the old towels in the house   best look on amazon for some .. cheap towels and cut them up ..   Alan ??? ((""were are old the towels going,,  I am sure we had more than this ,,,""",    
Tee hee.   What you want, Alan, is kitchen roll - the thick stuff.  Wash your brushes with plain soap and water after you've squeezed the excess paint out on a kitchen roll.  If you don't want to clean your palette, then don't - plenty of painters let the old paint dry into little minarets .... I used to scrub it clean, preserve the grain of the wood - but honestly, when you're painting several pictures on the trot, who has time for all that?  So I just scrape the still wet paint off, don't listen to those who say it makes a good mud colour (it really, really doesn't), discard it, give the palette a rub over with another bit of that kitchen roll, and am ready for the next one.   Granted, I haven't done any of this for months now, but as soon as I can stop being an election agent, I shall be at it again - and probably feeling a hell of a lot better than I do now.