Infuriating....

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
YIt is common surname in these parts Robert and Carol.I'm not far behind.  No I don't know how to inflict a Chinese burn on myself but the wicked boys at junior school knew how to inflict them on uppity small girls... Completly as a aside from altering the position of the sun and which leg a dog cocks to pee...sorry ,an early hours diversion.  Anyhow to the point , a mention of Chungking brushes has lead to merry thoughts.   Chungking mansions is just over the water  from Hong Kong to Kowloon  ,you could get there on one of Paul's Junks but good old Star Ferry would be safer..another aside , they were made in Liverpool so you could close your eyes and pretend you were dropping off at Pierhead. Chungking mansions, accommodation...suspect clientele ,workshops amazing , anything copied,  I know I had clothes ,shoes etc made there .  So probably the source of CK brushes...fascinating.   I also remember  a Mexican Mess where us ladies that lunched got tiddly on Margaritas...oh and an Indian  Mess where if you went to the loo all the dirty dishes were piled up in the bath in the family bathroom.with assorted cockroaches. Oh thanks for the memories at silly o'clock...all because of a few bristles.  Please delete this if inapropriate. 

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

And I note that you have a most distinguished surname.  
Robert Jones on 28/01/2023 20:00:34
Sure is :) Thank goodness for the Christian name, otherwise the valley grapevine would be total catastrophe. Sylvia, when I was very young, there were many Mr and Mrs Evans in the village (it was a lot smaller in those days) I had a job keeping up who was being gossiped about. Yes, I was a nosy child.  

Edited
by Carol Jones

Showing page 2 of 2