As it's National Badger Day....

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
The Chinese Buddhas are often fat figures, because the Chinese think that they eat people’s evil deeds.  Quite unlike the Sri Lankan ones.  (Sri Lanka has allegedly the purest form of Buddhism.). You would be well advised what sort of Buddha your customer has in mind and what sort of posture they had in mind. E.g. lotus position, resting, sleeping etc.  also what kind of style.  If you are looking for inspiration, try looking at Martin Bush’s work.  He often paints Buddhas in an abstract kind of way. 
Terrific badger, Robert.  I've only ever seen one for real.  He was shuffling down the middle of the road at about 5.30 in the morning, he gave me exactly the look in your painting...wary, but otherwise disinterested.  I expect he'd seen plenty of humans. Great news about the commission, Denise.  I look forward to seeing it.
Thanks Guys, I will look up his work Linda, thanks. I'm not overly concerned if it doesn't go right, I can only do what I'm capable of but I'll certainly give it my best.
Showing page 2 of 2