October 2021 challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 3
Not quite sure how we have got to October already, but it seems we have! Friday October 1st is World Smile Day so this month's challenge is to paint smiles or things that make you smile.
It's World Smile Day tomorrow everyone!
Yes, can’t believe it’s October already!  This isn’t a new painting - one of my first watercolours - but it does always make me smile.
This is an old one too, I smile but it’s a bit cruel.
This was from an old calendar photo made me smile so I just had to paint it..
I always seem to miss this thread or just don't have anything suitable to post, but I've been working on improving my portrait sketching and picked one at random. This was a quick sketch in Conte crayon. It certainly made me smile while I was doing it and the subject has that self-satisfying grin.
Another smile to brighten up your day
I was thinking about what made me smile, lots of things, it's hard to choose. Then yesterday, a shard of light came through the dinning room, into the living room and just caught a lamp. I took a photo of it and have just sketched it. The reason it made me smile is, before I started doing any art last year, I would not have even noticed the shadow and the shapes it formed on the wall. So for me, this means I now see the world around me more acutely and in different dimensions to what I did before I started doing any art. So things have more depth and form now therefore, enriching my overall viewing, if you know what I mean and that thought, really did make me smile. I didn't quite get the base in so that went a bit sideways.

Edited
by Denise Cat

It’s exactly that, Denise, noticing things you wouldn’t have before…..
Well said Marjorie,.
Cheers Me Up !
Showing page 1 of 3