May 2021 Challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 4
Lovely Linda and Paul. Here is my offering.
Brilliant Paul and Denise 👍🤗
Mine's an oldie (well, a few months)... I was inspired by someone who did a beautiful watercolour of bees on a honeycomb, some time ago in the gallery (can't remember whose it was).  Mine, on the other hand is not as beautiful. I don't like it. I played with some 'irridescant medium' on the wings, which you can't really tell on the photo, (and it's not much better in the flesh either). I think I'll stick to cats, dogs, and cows! 😂🤣

Edited
by Helen Martell

Love the Bees Denise and Helen mine is just a pencil sketch in my journal, will try for something better before the month end..
I love buzzy bumbles and there are some lovely variations so far. 
Love all these Busy Bees, really inspiring me to have a go!
This challenge in really buzzing, so many variations  I had to give them a go. Not painted bees before a learning experience, they are not so simple.  It's a while since I joined in with these much loved monthly challenges.. here are my two,  I've used walnut ink for one and the other is pens .
Some cracking bees 🐝 from everyone, I did a quick pastel sketch on an off cut of pastelmat, a honey bee this time 
What a cracking selection of bees. It’s a lovely subject and something we are all familiar with on a daily basis. I know it’s not the done thing to pick out one favourite but I do like Helen’s composition because of the complex honeycomb structure and the multiple bees, I thought one was tricky enough!
I love Bees! I can spend ages in my garden photographing them. They are always very obliging and don't buzz off when they see me. It is great to have digital cameras though........otherwise I would have spent a fortune on Film by now!

Edited
by jennifer Alsop

I love bumblebees so thought I’d paint them for this challenge.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Not sure how many paintings May Bee entered. I painted this one in 2016..........perhaps it doesn't count???? Sorry if I have blundered, but this one is my favourite and is entitled "The Plight of the Bumble Bee". 
Showing page 2 of 4