August 2021 challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 4
You'll note that out of delicacy, I've used the name Louise as opposed to Denise.  I thought that would be more respectful, and might also save me a visit from the appropriate authorities, concerned that I might have been too familiar. 
That's very good Robert and highly amusing. I verse about all manner of things.
Ahem. Embarrassed cough.  Backs away into shadows. There was a young thing names Denise Who had a strange fondness for peas: She perhaps preferred her cheeses We just can't understand what most pleases But then she was wriggling with fleas..... 
Denise Cat Was a silly old bat And a silly old bat was she! She though she could paint with the tail of a rat Without even paying a fee! The rat did protest  Denise, give it a rest! I'm really totally shocked That you'd take my image And indulge in a scrimmage As though I were some kind of pest! I would have you know That I'm quite the beau: Charming, and quite the best thing! That you might think I'm vile, but tsk! I just smile: Ha - you don't know anything! Rats are the best; They pass every test -  They are angels of glory And if you don't know that The best thing on earth is a rat You've missed most of the best of the story.  
I feel  I should be shot now; take aim and fire at will.  I deserve it.  
Clever clogs you two … 
That excellent Robert. You are a talent. Very enjoyable I must say.
One for Ratty. I can't be catty with Mr Ratty, it would be to my detriment. Rat's are intelligent, diligent that's evident. My paintings aren't much, I use his tail as a brush. It's the tail that helps with the fine detail. For added effects, he runs round the canvas at my request, quite outlandish I must say. A right display. His feet move the paint about and can give the impression of tiny leaves falling from trees. Ink on sleeves. Wild buckwheat viewed from the window seat. Snow falling, dry stone walking, dot to dot for abstract, he's good at that. Ratty an artist of good measure a treasure but he doesn't do varnishing. At the end of the day, by means of pay, he gets a slice of ham a rack of lamb a wee small dram, to see him on his way.

Edited
by Denise Cat

You're all poets! Great fun!
Considering I was as widdled as a newt when I wrote the last one, I'm deeply flattered by the description "poet".  And rather relieved that no one has taken offence, or if they have, have not informed us.  I'm hoping that a little wine with my dinner this evening will liberate me to start the damn' painting that's been sitting on my easel for the last week ... it'll be an oil; it's on birchwood (as in, it WILL be on birchwood); and I have spooked myself into not starting it, because the surface is expensive, and I haven't painted in oils for some weeks, and I'm not a bit sure the composition is going to work when transferred from ink and coloured pencil sketch to a full oil painting. I am also hoping that by shaming myself so, I shall be all the more inclined to press on with the painting.  It isn't working so far - perhaps more wine is needed.....  Got to be worth the experiment.  
Do love all the arty licence into poetry miss Cat and Mr Rat. Just imbibe the whole bottle Robert…
It was good fun Sylvia and Robert and seeing I have covid at the moment it was a nice distraction. Hopefully I'll be on the mend in a few days, so glad I was vaccinated.
Showing page 2 of 4