April 2024

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 5
Strange, I am attending Sanskrit classes at present and spent this morning scribing some words , actually masculine and neuter nouns with verbs, creating  short phrases.The symbols are quite intricate, and so here is my latest sketch 'Sanskrit script' 
My contribution for April, drawn from the inside of the café in my local country park through the painted window. Fineliner and ink wash.
Hope this isn't a cheat, I know some of you know Sams Tale.   Here is a page from Sams book. PS Sam still has copies for your delight.🐾

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Not a cheat - nice to revisit Sam again.😁
Angela Harrison on 07/04/2024 19:11:12
A sketch I painted yesterday with Sanskrit words to describe sun, mountain, trees, and water. Surya, acala, vrksa, jalam and vanam.  Some delightful paintings with text on here, lovely! Presently I am learning Sanskrit so might try another sketch as am enjoying scribing the symbols! 
Angela Harrison on 07/04/2024 20:06:59
This sketch was a book cover I painted a few years ago Children from the Claypits,, a story I wrote instigated from family research during Covid lockdown. It is a historical novel about the abolition of child labour 1800's Arlesey, England where our French ancestors originated. 

Edited
by Angela Harrison

Angela Harrison on 07/04/2024 10:20:25
I recently have joined a group studying Sanskrit, so this is some of our homework sheets,, felt like sketching a scene with some Sanskrit words. Lovely sketches on here and words, inspiring yes! 
Hope this isn't a cheat, I know some of you know Sams Tale.   Here is a page from Sams book. PS Sam still has copies for your delight.🐾
Sylvia Evans on 07/04/2024 13:06:01
This is simply gorgeous Sylvia! Lovely pen/ink illustration! 
I’ve got the book of course! Filled with some really good illustrations, clever stuff indeed…
I know you have Alan and I am happy you like it....you got a mention  for your kind help.  X  In fact so many POL members and the team were so helpful.  Thank you Angela. 

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Showing page 3 of 5