Mixed media

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
How many artists on this site use mixed media ? When the discussion about pure watercolour was on the go, there was the mention of making a picture work by all means. I agree with pure watercolour but I also agree with mixed media, they are two different ways to approach a subject. Mixed media is an exicting way to create, invent and discover our feelings. I used to cover some of my "not so good " watercolours with pastel until I had to give up because allergy problems. Now I am on the search for adventurous acrylic. This is a medium which can take mixed media wonderfully well. I have created textured canvas with pieces of cotton threads and I love the result. I have added one gold leaf to one of my canvas but did not like the result. Being on the discovery track, I found out that the Gold was giving a cold look that I did not want. Strange enough I always assumed that gold was going to enrich the picture. I will use it on another theme. What are you doing ? What have you discovered ?