What a pleasant surprise

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I use Arches rough for nearly every Watercolour I do and used to use Waterford also which I got from England , the Arches is superb and expensive also but worth it , Waterford is also a fine paper. 2 weeks ago online I heard a lot of Watercolour Artists raving about how good Baohong rough pure cotton Watercolour paper from China was so I bit the bullet and purchased a block of 20 sheets 16 inches by 12 , I'm very impressed , the paper is an absolute joy to work on and I think I will be using it in future. The price is also excellent the block cost me 27 euro posted to my door the price included shipping , I also purchased a set of Watercolour travel brushes for 9 euro and have put them through the mill , they perform perfectly. I'm a happy camper.
Well done on the brush price, they look to be worth every penny; twenty sheets of cotton rag paper for 27 Euros (my keyboard is old and worn: doesn't have a Euro key) - I've forgotten how much I paid for my stash of Arches paper, but that price looks good to me. Will we ever live long enough to try all the different papers, paints and brushes, out there?  (I'm sure I won't!)
Hi Robert , the brushes are superb they come back to a perfect point every time, a set that's nearly identical would cost me € 60 over here , Arches 16 inch by 12 ( rough) is 65 euro over here. I'm on my second Watercolour on the Baohng paper , it's a joy to paint on and I've ordered more. You have a few years on me Robert and I often think along similar lines regarding all the different paints and papers I never tried , I'm getting more adventurous as I get older and at the moment am trying out Chinese Watercolurs , again I'm pretty impressed so far , the luminous quality and vibrancy of the paints is impressive.