What a Coincidence!!

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I've not been here for a while and when looking at an email I received recently concerning winners of the TALP Competition, I noticed quite a resemblance to a certain painting I put online many moons ago (December 2022) to be precise. It's almost as if the artist in question was looking over my shoulder! Can anyone else see the resemblance?  Or is it just me? (My painting of Padley Gorge, Derbyshire) and the painting by G. Vilidaite that won one of the Clairefontaine Awards, below ..... Or have I got it wrong?  I would be interested to hear comments.
Padley Gorge is a popular place for artists and photographers. I know a photographer who took photos of Padley Gorge in all four seasons, and has sold them through a gallery. I actually like your painting of the gorge, the position you’ve chosen to paint demonstrates it  far better and the colours are so much brighter.
I agree Ellen, of the two I'd want Cordelia's picture on my wall.
I've had a better look now - I think the two paintings are quite distinct from each other, and although I'm still not getting into 'better or worse', which is anyway subjective, I like the prizewinning version. If you look at the French Impressionists - I confess to having no particular image in mind here - you'll often find paintings of the same spots by different artists - as is the nature of plein aire work, painters would have travelled to similar spots, even in the vastness that is France; while the features may be the same, varying according to the position in which the artist was standing, the treatment is always different.  That is the case here, I think.  The style of the TALP prizewinner is very different from Cordelia's.