The tooth fairy is ageist

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
The Tooth Fairy is Ageist. Only me could go out for a lovely meal at a friends house, The table ,the lights the glasses all perfection. A beautiful home made curry .  All the breads to go with it and a nice bottle of Prosecco. Ten minutes in I felt something hard and sharp in my mouth.... What am I eating I wondered...I had to scoop,spit and out came a TOOTH . It had been loose and wobbly for a while...but now it sat looking at me on the table.  A long ,ugly ,old person incisor. I wanted to crawl under the lovely table.  I didn't I put it in my bag...then discovered it missing ..eventually  found being looked at quizzically by my friends two dogs  , I think they thought it was a tit bit. Now what to do with this ancient piece of enamel ? . Put it under your pillow....so I did.  Now as a child the Tooth Fairy had always replaced it with a Penny or a three Penny bit. My own children had found florins and half crowns.  Apparently these days the going rate is a five pound note....inflation. So in my Prosecco inebriation I put it under my pillow. Such disappointment, a bubble burst....nothing, da nada  ,nowt , bugger all. So next time Tinkerbell needs a clap on her Peter Pan adventures.  I will give her a thumbs down. In my opinion Tooth  Fairy is ageist . Small thought , I don't have to pay a dentist to expensively tug it out.
Brilliant Sylvia you certainly know how to tell a tale! Yes she is ageist this tooth fairy!!
Sylvia! That looks like a narwhal’s tooth!!!
Sylvia- are you a vampire? Now, don't hesitate to come clean: you can trust us....
An ageing one maybe. 
Your toothy tale is both humorous and relatable, highlighting the quirks of life's unexpected moments. It's quite a twist on the classic Tooth Fairy story, with a humorous take on the tooth-replacement rate. Your storytelling captures the mix of emotions one might feel in such a situation, from embarrassment to bemusement. Indeed, the Tooth Fairy's generosity seems to vary with age, and your take on her being "ageist" adds a delightful touch of satire to the story. It's a reminder that life often surprises us in unexpected ways, even when enjoying a lovely meal with friends. Thank you for sharing your amusing and lighthearted story!
Awe Paul....thank you.