The 'Ooh Ahh, that's lovely!' friends...

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I hope I am not seen to be insensitive here. It does seem to me that there are suspect evaluations of one's work. There is the fond family member, or friend, who gasps in awe (at what is frankly not particularly gasp-able at) Then there is the experienced artist, who knows what he / she is looking for... So, in a local exhibition...eg: one in which proceeds go to a charity...What does one do....paint to please the public (possibly inferring 'pretty pictures' ....or to please oneself? If to please the public, one makes money for the cause. Otherwise one simply showcases one's work.....SO...WHAT TO DO? Ignore if this is a non-starter. But I think it is worth considering, because it is a fact, and a situation which gives a 'new would-be exhibitor' a chance to show their work. Consider...Is it 'wrong' to blow one's own trumpet? We need some more Forum participation..... I'm trying...I'm trying..... :-( :-S