Tearful in Kent!!!!!!

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I do hope somebody can give me some advice,. You all seem a friendly bunch of people so I am hopeful. Is it possible to learn how to paint if you have oodles of enthusiasm but zero talent? It has been my dream for a long time to learn how to paint, especially flowers which are one of my passions. Last year I spent a fortune on all I needed and joined an Adult Education class. After a few months I was dreading the class as I was so unhappy with my progress and very intimidated by the others who were producing beautiful work. I kept practising at home and was sure I would get there in the end, but I never did and, sadly, I stopped going. I didn't want to give up so bought a few books and DVD's and tried to teach myself. That didn't work either and this week I set three days aside to just paint until I felt I had achieved a bit of progress. Of course it is all ripped up in the bin. Today I have spent ages on the computer trying to find private classes but they are so expensive that I could never afford them. Then I came across this web site which I recognised as I often buy the magazine especially when it has flowers. I found the forum and decided to give it a try. So second question - does anyone know a 'painting angel' somewhere in Norht Kent who could help me out, either tell me to give it up and take up knitting instead or take me under their wing and help me get started?