Suspect email

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Just a quick warning. I received an email this morning offering to buy the most expensive painting on my website - the query was posted on Affordable British Arts and forwarded to me. Can't as yet be 100% sure, but shall we say I'm 99.9% sure that it's a scam - he asks for details about the work, but all the details are listed on the website, as is the payment method. The name given is Ray Collins - and I'm also pretty sure I've come across it before. If anyone has any experience of this I would be interested to hear from you; and I suggest you treat it with great caution if you get a similar approach. On the whole, an email which gives no address details, asks for what could have been ascertained by just reading your website, contains rather "interesting" English, and to top it all is web-based mail, ie not from a personal email account, is one that looks dodgy; and certainly you shouldn't supply any personal financial details if replying to it - which I suspect the next email I get is going to ask me to do. Pity - I could do with a nice fat sale just now; but I wasn't born yesterday.....