Soliciting New Ideas

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Yes Sylvia I have looked up  Helena... It's interesting... Some of my abstracts are similar to hers... I might play around with that some more...
Thanks Fiona... Cymatics is interesting.. I could not create that, not in the same way... But it is very easy to create Mandela's digitally or other geometric shapes similar... Not with vibration of course, but with digital tools....  I just don't find them that interesting... Sometimes they are.. It has some possibilities if I combine several together with the right colors.. There is not much I haven't tried already when it comes to abstract art...
Eric, you posted a striking geometric abstract recently - City, Suns and Moons - would be interesting to see more like that.  I also wondered if some images in the Art Nouveau style might suit your way of working?
Perhaps Jenny... But what I am really looking for are Ideas or concepts that most people wouldn't think of....   When I said out of the box, that is what I mean... That abstract was one of my better ideas, but it is one I have had for a long time... Most of the suggestions I have received so far are centered firmly in the box...  I guess I'm not expressing myself clearly enough... I don't want to simply try to re-create or paint in other people's style or a specific genre's like Fauvism or whatever...    Placing a city skyline inside a sun or moon like in my Painting "City, Suns, and Moons" is the kind of idea I want more of... but different...
BUT if you pick other peoples brains and use their ideas it isn't your  own  it's a copy.  So not your own creation.  Not sure I can agree with you about Fauvism being crap....why do you consider it so ?
I wouldn't use their exact ideas Sylvia, but those ideas could inspire new thoughts in my mind, and that would be helpful....  As far as Fauvism goes in my personal opinion, just my own feelings you understand... It seems to lack grace and subtlety.. and often the colors chosen to be put together, don't often work... Based on my personal experience with it...
Watch a few episodes of “The X- Files” to get a few out of the box ideas Eric, certainly a few dark and mysterious themes going on.

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.

Showing page 2 of 2