Never too late

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
In case you think you’re too old to try something….a clue in my crossword today was American folk artist, died 1961. I assumed “ singer”. No, “ Grandma Moses” started painting at 78 and died aged 101, having produced thousands of paintings. Working on the farm there had never been time to paint. Look her up, it’s quite fascinating. Two “ belated” Winter paintings are below - “Sugaring up” and “ Catching the turkey”.
I did exactly the same at lunchtime Marjorie!
Ha ha! Well Dawn, did you see my letter in the paper on Friday? Fame at last!
I had the same interpretation of that clue, Marjorie! Just off to check Friday's letters page...
It wasn’t anything intellectual Martin, just a bit of fun.
Missed your letter Marjorie and I can't seem to find it now!
It was about ‘delight’ - an article by Anita Chaudhuri on looking for egs of delight each day ( as an antidote to what’s going on in the world). I mentioned three, one of them being in bed while I was reading the article.
What paper?  There's more than one paper - Telegraph, Guardian, Mirror, Jewish Chronicle, Batley and Spen Observer.... I could offer examples of misery each day, in compensation?  Like forgetting I had temporarily stored broken glass in a box, and absently pushing my fingers into it; losing a ball point pen my mother had given me; inadvertently setting fire to an office chair -  impressive for just one day, you've got to admit.  AND I can't paint in this cold....  still, I HAVE succeeded in evicting the mice: without dwelling on method, let us just say it was..... quick. 
I am now wondering if Robert blew up his house to rid himself of the mice (it would be quick) and can't paint because he is now living in his shed without any heating.  I can see the headlines now.......
We (as in himself) have also seen off our mice thankfully!  🤞🤞🙏🙏 Must be that time of year. Discovered gaps around floor boards in a cupboard under the stairs….now firmly sealed, or so he says…. Hope Robert hasn’t blown up the house. 🫣