Making it up as I go along

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I’m partially painting over an old painting ( on the right). I’ve brought down the size of the vase, added a flower and done away with the bowls and orange. A chair has appeared with what will be a coat over the back. Now to think about what’s to be on the table which will tie in but not overwhelm the vase…quite enjoyable. Any brilliant ideas? I’m thinking gloves and keys, a hat and gloves…..A narrative you see 😉

Edited
by Marjorie Firth

I think keys are a very good idea but not the gloves Marjorie. My reasons for this are because I feel it would not marry well with a painting full of spring and light. Yes, it might be a cold Spring day, even in summer, there is an odd cold spell. Maybe a delicate scarf and a fancy key.
Oh dear, Denise! I’ve been and gorn and done it! - well, not all…but, my dear Watson…those are Autumn flowers so there is a nip in the air. Well, that’s my reasoning anyway😆. Thanks for the suggestions…maybe I’ll use my digital app to see what your suggestion looked like. This is how it looks at the moment - colours will have to be twinked later so everything gels. Oh dear, forgot to edit!
Now I see the gloves Marjorie, knowing it is an autumn day, I think it works nicely.
Phew! Thanks Denise.
Very nice work, Marjorie. The oxeye daisy has a wide seasonal range, but the echinacea plants it in autumn, all this depends on the weather. Maybe a pair of secateurs for the cutting of the plants, along with the gloves. 
Still messing but enjoying. Losing some definition and greying down a little. Problem was that the flowers were the focus and it’s quite hard to change that and keep the balance. Enough of this today though.