"Its Never too Late to be who you might have been" Novelist George Eliot.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
have a no nonsense approach to life and if something is not working I will change it. There are a few things that I simply have to put up with and get on with my life. There is no point in complaining about them either, I can't change them. The real trick is knowing which is which. Remembering that life is a hugh joke and that there is perhaps little point to it.... Procrastination is no great help either. Change in your life and getting on with it. Just start and get on with being that artist you always wanted to be. Just start and get on with it...paint. A life-coach I could help you to achieve your goals and also help you to become an artist. Aspiration can help you to see clearly what your goals are and the direction in which you want to travel to become that artist within you. However by taking appropriate, positive action you can motivate yourself to get your life moving in the direction of becoming that artist. Remaining motivated on your journey towards this achievement of your goals until you decide you are that artist may be the difficult part. So what's stopping you? Lack of motivation, not enough time, lack of confidence, paralysed by fear? Clearly the answer is:  the only thing holding you back is you. Aspire, Act, and Achieve... you will be glad you did as you change your life for that of the artist that you have always wanted to be. Perhaps you need to be pushed through your fears, pushed to build up your self-confidence to get you motivated to find that artist within you. Life as an artist is about the journey of development and seeking ways to maximise your artistic endeavours. The road of self-development in being an artist is one of being constantly faced with making choices. The decisions we make are based on how we perceive the options in front of us. All too often we are diverted or delayed in travelling the path of being an artist. All of us could perceive the journey as being too difficult or too scary. Instead we take the "path of least resistance" and not bother in trying saying only "I paint". Unfortunately the path of least resistance very rarely takes us to becoming an artist. Here you simply start by saying "I'm an artist."