Copies and art in the attic

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I have several paintings in the attic which are copies. Having read Beatrice's thread on charity, I wonder what you do with paintings you dont like or are copies ? I had a copy which I had framed a few years ago and it was auctioned for charity, I referred to the original artist clearly.Seems a waste when your hobby could help someone else - any views ?
I rarely use pastel, so can't help much - but take a look at North Light Books, and Search Press; also look on Jackson's Art website, where they have dvds and books - there was a free copy of their catalogue with June's Leisure Painter. I imagine you've tried Amazon - they normally have second-hand copies of books for sometimes ridiculously low prices.
Possibly a trawl on YouTube may bring some tips
Ouch - I see what you mean! That is one expensive book. Cheaper if you try the US amazon, but there would be higher postal costs. http://www.amazon.com/Painting-Animals-That-Touch-Heart/dp/1581801319 In terms of pastel books on animals - have you looked at this site? http://www.petsinpastel.com/books.htm
On the Painting and Drawing channel website, which is part of the SAA, there is an artist showing how to do a chimp in pastel pencils. Just click on anytime tv and click on the programme. You can also buy the dvd and he demonstrates other animals too. The artist is Colin Bradley.
Thanks everyone for the helpfull tips,when Ido find a good book I will let you know.There are so many artists that do amazing animal pictures in pastel you'd think there would be more out there,after all the book shops are flooded with water colour books and dvds so why not pastel ,there is definately a market for it !. regards, min.
Well ,I have been very naughty and bought the book painting animals that touch the heart,but only because I was lucky enough to find one at a decent price ,and that includes the postage from usa,but I also got myself ''Cats and Dogs'' it's not a pastel book ,but I found this to be really good with regards to fur and hair types,and those difficult parts like eyes paws and even open dog mouths,which to me have always looked complicated,this book has really put me to ease with things that I would normlly avoid in a pic, and choose something else instead,now I feel I could give it a good tackle. :-). Karen.
Hazel, that is a book I have not come across and I have looked at a lot!!,will google it and take a look,I need all the help I can get!!!. regards' karen.