Can you describe your work?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
How would you describe your art? Personally I say I use drawing and waterolour to paint what excites and interests me. I have a fluid style and am still developing and changing. How about you? The reason I ask is that I`ve just seen an artist describe what they do like this: "It's a paradox to attach a functional object, such as a rudder, to a building: the sense of frustration in thwarted direction or motivation. Familiar objects, like keys, have an emotively metaphoric quality for me; I'm fascinated by the oxidising process and the acceptance of loss in the repetition of defunctionalisation and recontextualisation. .... works with stimulus:response situations, working with locally found materials, creating installations in relation to her environment. Human motivation, the seven deadly sins, migration, love, loss and icons of sentimentality are threads that run through ... work. 8-)