Can we change the selection in the "more by"...?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
The recent question on transferring items from one gallery to another prompted me to ask whether it is possible to change the "more by" selection. There are some different ones of mine I'd prefer there. Could also be nice to be able to refresh that from time to time.
Good point Sandra. I would prefer more recent work to show, but it always seems to be older work showing at least on mind. Also when searching others’ work I would like to be able to search recent rather than random older stuff.
I quite agree Tessa. Perhaps someone from the Painters Online team could reply about this? And yes, searching others' work is very time-consuming, with the amount of clicking involved. More so when there are multiple galleries to check, some with only one or two paintings. I seem to remember that in the past, entering an artist's name in the search box brought up their recent work in chronological order, this disappeared in one of the major upgrades. 

Edited
by Sandra Kennedy

I quite agree
It can give you some surprises now and then - I've been reminded of things I'd forgotten about entirely; so this doesn't bother me.   However - there may be an easy way of doing it, a magical wave of Dawn's wand.... bet there isn't, though...
Perhaps Dawn could tell us, one way or the other? I really did want an answer to this, even if there isn't a way. Just in case I'm missing something.
Agree that it would be useful to be able to change the ‘more by’ selection, but you can view an artist’s work in chronological order - just click on ‘view full profile’ - or, if you’re using the search box from the main gallery page you have to then select ‘click here to search, we have artists matching your search’ - the artist you want is usually the top one.  It can still be difficult to find a particular painting, though, if the artist has multiple galleries.

Edited
by Jenny Harris