A NEW SKETCH BOOK CHALLENGE

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Anyone in my virtual world ? A group of us are starting a new Sketch book Collaboration. We all have the same type of sketch book. We each have a theme . We paint , draw, collage, whatever our own theme into our own book. The books are all exchanged and the theme in the book we now have we interpret as we wish. We have a month to " do " a book then we pass it along. It is an enjoyable, thinking outside the box thing to do. Last year we raffled what became a spare or Rogue book and raised over a hundred pounds fora charity. I'm not suggesting that we do that again just to let people know. What we also did was to take an assortment of our pieces of work and have them made into a book, professionally printed. This is not at all obligatory. I'm posting this before we start the new book in April to see if anyone else would like to join in. The commitment is to buy a particular sketchbook for £5 .00 To complete as many or as few pages of the theme inside a four week period . And to be happy to post onwards the book to another participating artist cost about £3.00 but not on every occasion And to enjoy. the picture below is one i did base on fruit and veg.
I just can't do sketchbooks... I don't know why. It's not "fear of failure". Give me a blank separate page and I'll fill it with one or two large inked pictures or a smattering of eyes and noses, demons, horns, sci-fi animals, human legs, toes, genitals.. Page after page - I have DOZENS of loose sheets filled with random "things". .Everything from tubular tentacles things, alien mushroom men, dragons, deathy-things, leaves, birds, butterflies - I got hooked on trying to perfect a vulva in ink, for a while. (I think I need to see more in real life... *grins* For the educational purposes, of course!) But I have four GOOD sketchbooks, A5, A4, A4, A3 - all pristine, virgin paper, untouched.. un-tampered with.. I can doodle and draw on loose paper... but not the books... I wonder why!??
Maybe I should do a reverse sketchbook? Some people make their own - trimmed paper and stitching it into a folder. Maybe I should do that but in reverse - paint them, collect them, stitch them then say "look at my lovely sketchbook" (and no one will know it wasn't a book... hehehehe) yes, at the mo it's just in a flat art folder.
I would love to collaborate Sylvia, and shall start some sketches this week to prepare... What size sketch book? I may have an A4 sketch book, but do already have an A3 that I could begin with, and could create a booklet format? Shall ponder over images or even start some still-life drawings as to launch out!  I do like drawing Comic Art sketches so while in the frame of mind shall start something today, and Yankee Doodle Dandy it! ☺️ Got chickens in mind so may sketch some in a coop, clucking and roosting in their hen coop! 🐔🐓🐔 See what I can sketch today! 
Oh Angela I am afraid you are reading a post from eight years ago.     Though a few of us did do a sketchboook collaboration and it was fun.   
There's a monthly challenge thread, Angela. You can use your sketch book and post your images there. Happy Sketching.