Uploading a painting on the painters-online website.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I tried uploading my painting on the painters-online website, but when I clicked Submit, the photograph of the painting fell on its side. In Edit I found no option to rotate the image. I am using a Sony Camera with PMB software. Could someone please advise? Ann Delorme.
Is that a proper camera, or one built into a phone/ iPad-type gadget? What we've found here is that with some of these tablets, especially, they have to be the right way up when you take the photo or ir all goes wrong.. Load your image into Paint (free with Windows) and get it the right way up; then try re-uploading it.
I have the problem too when uploading a photo. Even after i edit the photo first to turn i around it still is on its side.
There used to be a guide on JPEG file size...??
Whilst we are on the subject of photos, do you have to make your photo to any particular size before putting in the gallery? I only ask because SAA need photos to be no more than 600 pixels and I wondered if the same happens here, I tend to do it automatically now.
Don't think so - I just upload my pictures from my digital camera and have never yet needed to re-size them.