THE JOY AND FUN OF CREATING ART.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
I say "If you can, simply enjoy what you see...Wisest not to analyse or compare." But then, I am a simple soul.
You seem to be very laid back Ruth - wish I was!
I think there are as many kinds of art as there are artists. Some like photorealism, some abstract, some impressionism and so on. Every new kind of art was criticised in its infancy, wasn't it? Impressionists were ridiculed and their works dismissed as gaudy daubs. I love the impressionists but I do admit that some of their paintings seem to lack something for me. Photorealism amazes me because of the skill and accuracy involved, but emotionally it leaves me cold. I love some abstract art, but I couldn't say I love all abstract art. I've seen some of this 'fluid' art and some of it speaks to me, a lot of it doesn't. Like I see faces and objects in the clouds, I can also see 'things' in some fluid art. Some of the pieces make me feel good because the colours were so well chosen and appeal to me. If a piece touches something in you, does it matter how or why it was created? Does it matter what genre it is? Does it matter if the artist danced and sang while painting it or moaned and cried in anguish? If a piece means something to someone, and if it touches their soul in some way, then to me THAT is a successful piece of ART!
Hear hear Jackie - well said.
I'm with you Marjorie on this - painting can be enjoyable, but I rarely find it fun exactly. It is a series of challenges and problem solving, which I enjoy. If I get over exuberant, then I will probably go seriously wrong. but i enjoy it more in the way that I enjoy crossword puzzles than having a giggle. Music to paint by - the counterpoint of the Brandenburg concertos is a good way of keeping up the impetus. But my husband playing "Hotel California is more likely to be my accompaniment.
You sound very like me Jackie and I think that is why we tend to get "over-stimulated". Art is what appeals to me at that particular time. We are all so different and that is the beauty and joy of art.
Very well said Jackie, I agree with you.
Showing page 3 of 3