Removing whole topics started by spammers

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
In response to a point - normally, I do remove the whole topic if a spammer created it, but at times of high traffic I miss a few.  I think I've knocked 'em all on the head now, but by all means advise of any you find that I've overlooked - I think POL staff remove the whole topic as well when they deal with this stuff.  Thanks again for the cooperation.  
👍 
So far this morning (Sat 16 Jan 07:30) I have flagged half a dozen, very verbose, spam posts from a new member. There are more, as the poster appears to have made 8 posts. It is difficult to keep track as the forum doesn't indicate which have been reported. I will flag as many as I can find. Robert, If I double report, please excuse me.  When garbage such as these posts flood the forum, it makes it difficult to find genuine new posts. I do think there is a growing need for new member applications to be screened and approved by admin before they can post. 

Edited
by Colin Berwick

I think you are right Colin.  This lot today are over the top. 
I agree and it’s so irritating. I usually log in to have a browse most mornings around this time, and to get a sea of nonsense posts is very off-putting. Would it be possible to make it so that a ‘member’ has to post a certain number of works on the gallery ( or be a member for so many months) before being able to use the forum, or would this open the floodgates to abuse of the gallery!?  This is the only forum I use so I don’t know whether others suffer from the same amount of spam, but we do seem to get a lot especially in the last few months.  In the meantime thanks again to Robert for his sterling work, and to those who report the junk.
You will always get someone who will go out of their way to spoil a good thing. I taught mountain craft for the D of E many years ago and we used CB radios to keep in touch with check points ( before mobile phones) people would block the channels with music.  When you have 20/30 children on the hills it could have been life threatening. 
I hope I've removed them all, but do report again if I've missed any. I've a feeling they wait until they know a) Dawn isn't at work, b) I've overslept.... 
Thanks Robert person….appreciated.
Fatso fingers again….ok double thanks .

Edited
by Sylvia Evans