Remember Me!

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I am confused as to why I have to enter my email address and password each time I visit POL even though I tick the Remember Me box.
John do you log out everytime? . If you do that could be the reason.
It could be something to do with the security settings on your computer - worth a look if you don't logout each time you leave the site.
I log in once and tick the Remember Me box and then do not log out when I leave the site. On subsequent visits I am automatically logged in. The only time I log in is after running a disc cleaner that deletes stored passwords. A trivial inconvenience as I only run the cleaner occasionally. Don't know why it doesn't work for johnm41 unless he is logging out when leaving the site.
I stay logged in on my iMac without any issues...The pantomime is getting images out of Photos into here!

Edited
by philk2

I stay logged in, because I can never remember passwords, and don't normally have any issues except when I run Super Anti-Spyware, as I occasionally do. But Google Chrome usually seems to be able to retrieve my password - and I do actually have it written down somewhere. Where, is the question...
I am using the program Safari on my iMac. I don't log out and everything is ok; but as soon as I delete my History, the "remember me" is gone and I have to log in again. So, I think it has to do with the software you are using. http://www.painters-online.co.uk/artist/MiaKetels
Many thanks everyone for your replies. Yes I have always logged out when leaving the site so I now see this is the reason. I suppose it comes from automatically logging out of sites such as online banking where security is more of an issue. I will stay logged in from now on.
I never logout, but after posting several comments today, I am faced with a log in or register screen. Why?
have you a history remove after one day ,,in your history in your email. .or don't allow cookies ,,