TALP Open 2021

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 4
Congratulations to everybody who got picked. Well done indeed.
Well done everyone, congratulations to you all!
Happy congratulations Jenny, Alan and Marjorie.  Well deserved .🌹
Fantastic - congratulations Jenny, Alan and Marjorie 👏👏👏 Looking forward to seeing the exhibition.
Congrats to Jenny, Alan and Marjorie - not sure where you find out who's got what?   Have also had 2 out of 3 of my paintings selected and one has even got a Highly Commended.   Thanks judges!
Congratulations to all selected and well done for entering!
Well done Jenny, Alan, Marjorie and Heather! I’ve also had 2 of my paintings accepted, one highly commended, and I want to say a big thank you to everyone on this site for being such a supportive, encouraging community. Since joining you’ve given me the confidence to develop my art and try new things, such as entering a competition like this.  Now…. any advice from you all on posting framed paintings safely? As always, any advice very gratefully received!!
I’ve taken Alan’s advice and have opted to use a good quality Perspex instead of glass for my framed print as I’m having to post it.  Not sure, though, about which carrier to use - Patchings want the work delivered between 11am and 3pm on certain days which is very specific timing and the carriers I’ve looked at don’t appear to offer delivery within specific times.  Would be grateful to know what carriers others have used in the past to get their work delivered at the right time. 

Edited
by Jenny Harris

I think I’ve always used Hermes and, fingers crossed, they always arrived on time and in perfect condition.
I’ve also used Hermes and DPD, DPD probably being my first choice! You need a decent strong art box and plenty of bubble wrap. A piece of hardboard or strong 3-ply cardboard covering the front of the painting/frame will help protect your work. Jenny, don’t worry too much about these times, they’re guidelines only and someone is there at Patchings outside these hours.  There is a space to put special comments in with your carrier, so give them these hours, they should follow them. I’m going to take my two framed oils over to Patchings this year, it’s only just over an hour away.

Edited
by Alan Bickley

Thanks Marjorie and Alan, that’s very helpful.
Hi all, just to say I've had and have heard of some very bad experiences with Hermes (inc one painting that I commissioned from a painter on this site that took 12 weeks for next day delivery!) so would say that Parcelforce or DPD would be my first choice(s).  Google Trust Pilot on carriers to give you peace of mind.
Showing page 2 of 4