TALP 2023

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 3
Dawn, have also noticed it doesn’t allocate a reference number as you create each entry - or do these get allocated when you submit it - can’t remember now.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

They are allocated on submission Jenny.
Thanks, Dawn. (On reflection, silly question, it should have been obvious!)

Edited
by Jenny Harris

The new year is a good time to start working on your TALP entries! Some of you have already entered of course - looking forward to seeing even more after Christmas! https://www.painters-online.co.uk/competitions/talp-open-2023/
Seven weeks left to get your entries in for this year's competition. Patchings Festival is celebrating its 30th anniversary this year - make sure your art is part of  the celebrations! https://www.painters-online.co.uk/competitions/talp-open-2023/

Edited
by Painters-Online Team

Just four weeks left to get your TALP entries in! Some fabulous work so far from some well-know PO names!
Three weeks left to enter! We are excited to see so many entries coming in - have you got yours ready yet?
I’m still painting my entry !! 😂😱
You won't be alone Helen - loads of entries come in on the final day every year!
Hi All, How are the paintings adjudicated? Are there different sub categories etc? Is it all about quality or does original subject matter score you points? I'm potentially interested in entering. Kind Regards, Gavin.
There’s two main categories that you can enter, Leisure Painter and The Artist - the latter aimed at more experienced artists and professionals. There are no sub categories and I would expect that the panel of judges will be looking for both ability, originality and competency of handling your chosen medium. Good luck if you decide to enter!

Edited
by Alan Bickley

I had a right palaver getting my painting collected from Patchings last year. It has put me off entering. Vicky at Patchings could not have been more helpful but they have short opening hours and some of these courier firms are awkward about it. Parcel to Go made a unbelievable pigs ear of things, the service was rebooked four times. Their website showed my parcel in the depot when it was still at Patchings uncollected. I ended up having to ask an old friend to collect it for me. I'm going to stick to venues I can reach by train. 
Showing page 2 of 3