Royal Cambrian Academy Open exhibition 2023

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 2
Hi Folks I'm delighted to say that my painting Two Halves has been selected for the Royal Cambrian Academy Open exhibition 2023. I know many of you don't think much of these open competitions but I'm chuffed to be included. This is the only (non digital) painting I've done this last year. I've had a lot on my plate and unfortunately went into something of a downward spiral. So it's a bit of a lift to have my one and only selected. They sold my painting last time, which was nice, so fingers crossed for this year.   It's a nice little gallery in Conwy North Wales if anyone is nearby. 
I am unlikely to be in that part of Wales in Jan/Feb, but hope it goes well and sells. It’s a lovely composition. 
Well done Collette I do hope it sells  , selling a painting is a great moral booster and incentive to paint more .  I can sympathise with the down feeling it happens to a lot of use from time to time , but it’s good to see your picking up . I’m looking forward to hearing how it goes and seeing more of your excellent work in the gallery. 
Congratulations Collette. I just checked out your painting -- what a great idea and execution. 
Well done Collette and good luck for the exhibition. Also, I hope you get your mojo back. Many of us have difficult times for different reasons…. Onward and upward!!
Congratulations Collette, It's a great painting. Conwy isn't too far away so I shall try and visit the gallery.
Hi Colette. Congratulations!  I’ve just received an email today too to say one of my paintings has been accepted too. Such a nice feeling to have been selected for something like this. I shall look out for your painting. Good luck. 
And Diane....wow will have to get along there now.  Brilliant Collette  I know the gallery well and have e had stuff  in there in the past...not too far from me will try and get to see it.   Just seen your post Christine....well done you.  

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Congratulations Colette and Christine! I am pleased to say that I too have had a painting selected. I feel honoured to be in such good company!
Well done all of you!
Thank you everyone for all the positive comments, it really means a lot. I'm so pleased for both Christine and Diane too. Isn't that great to hear. I hope I bump into some of you there, that would be so nice. 
Well done Christine and Diane too, brilliant!
Showing page 1 of 2