Publicising your art

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Any suggestions on a good way to publicise your art? I made a concerted effort two years ago to have cards printed, flyers, adverts; I advertised in local press, in Dog papers and at shows; in local magazines and parish magazines but it resulted in absolutely nothing. I have a website which gets loads of views and have my web address as my email signaiture. Zilch- nada- nothing. (Ooops maybe no one likes it!) We only have one gallery anywhere near us that will only hang art from people they already know and mostly modern art. The art shop doesn't display paintings and short of holding my own exhibition I can't think what to do. If adverts don't work then no one woudl come to an exhibition anyway. We seem to be in an artistic no man's land with one small art shop, no painting groups or even college classes and most certainly NOT a tourist area. Then with the financial recession, people can't afford art anyway. I've looked at several websites that promise to sell your paintings but haven't found one that looks very successful. I do get a few commissions every year but even they are slowing down. Meanwhile I'm running out of wall space at home LOL