Printers

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I have a Epson Stylus Photo R200 which used to print quite good pictures but has now decided to darken all the colours. I have tried over-lightening the picture before printing out but it still makes them dark. My other problem is printing out card-weight paper. I often scan my paintings in and then use a very old program to print them in multiples which I cut out. I print the card (I buy packs of blank cards) separately with a complementary coloured border and then stick the printed picture on the card inside the border. However the Epson printer, although it says it takes heavy-weight paper just doesn't like my cards and for every 1 it prints successfully it rejects 5 others. Every third card it tells me there is a paper jam/no paper etc. I am now looking for a new printer which will print successfully up to A4 and will print on light-weight card. I don't want the printer to do anything else like fax or scan. Has anybody any recommendations?