Nottingham Castle Open Art Exhibition

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hi all just been up to this exhibition to see what the work was like as I entered it and didn't get through, so I wanted to see what my competition was. (Note: I'm a bit bitter and need a rant!) (!) I was most distrurbed to see quite a bit of photographic work in the exhibition (I know it takes a good eye but one click and your done) and the exhibition winner (who gets a solo exhibition by the way) had painted in oils on canvas (so more pleasing than a photographer winning) in essence it was four squares - one was black the others I can't actually remember and it was entitled London streets (morning) - now if he hadn't said morning (in brackets) I would have seen it in a totaly different light - not really!!!!!! The outright winner was sculpture - so fair enough!. but one entry was a large canvas on the floor with a tiny beak and a few feathers - and she was asking £3,000 I give up, right here and right now - obviously I have nothing to "say" in my work and therefore there is no point Actually I don't and I wont give up - and I'll enter next year and maybe by then my art will say something to somebody Sorry all - buT I feel a bit better now, off for a cup of tea! (!) >:-( >:-( >:-(