Labels v catalogues

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Syd - 350 entries ? Sounds a heck of a lot - far more than any local exhibition I have ever entered. Not sure I would wish to participate when there so many - surely your work just gets lost in the numbers - I much prefer smaller more intimate exhibitions where your work can be better appreciated. Come to think of it there are no venues in my neck of the woods which could accommodate so many.
Sounds like some undertaking Syd - by comparison my own local Town couldn't be described as a one- horse - more like a pony.
And I do like the idea of each painting being separately and properly labelled for the convenience of the viewers but I still baulk at the number on display at any one time.
I do recognise the problems with such a large membership but, speaking personally, I do prefer smaller exhibitions and tend to avoid exhibiting in the larger ones. The trouble is you can't always pick and chose. Certainly when I visit an exhibition if there are not so many on display I am far more inclined to study and appreciate each individual piece and, rightly or wrongly, my perception is that sales as a percentage of those on display are likely to be greater.
Showing page 2 of 2