Getting your work hung locally

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hi all i just thought i would post this to possibly aid artists looking for exhibition space locally. As we are now a smoke free country in public places it may be a good idea to approach some local businesses about hanging your works for sale. When i lived in Canada i approached a local restaurant about hanging my works for sale. 1. It enhances their restaurant with colorful original art. 2. It gives you an instant link locally for exposure and sales. 3. You shouldn't have 30-50% commission on sales. 4. It becomes a great talking point and word soon spreads locally. Some of these establishments may even display your work with no sales charge as i have just secured another restaurant locally without charge for sales. The main thing you need to sort out is insurance for your works against fire theft or damage as most businesses do not have cover for this i guess this may be considered a small fee to pay for the exposure and sales potential. It does take time and effort to secure your works in a local establishment.Be sure to take a portfolio with you when you go hunting and good luck if you decide to try this. Also new restaurants are a good source to approach before they open also. Make sure you have enough work to adequately fill the wall space too and good luck.