Basingstoke is not boring!

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
This is my attempt at controversy. :-) I'm not terribly good at it. We - our "fledgling" collective, Artikinesis - held the private view for our first project/exhibition today. It was exhausting and rather nice, in a nerve-wracking sort of way. The Deputy Mayor was in attendance. Lots of people turned up (most of whom had been invited, but there was a children's party going on next door and we had a few confused todders, too). As for Basingstoke - well, that was the subject and the location. Take a look at my short blog post: http://artikinesis.org.uk/2015/11/14/private-view-initial-thoughts-of-a-rather-tired-artist/ And if you happen to be passing, do drop in. But please, don't expect pretty watercolours.
Glad to see a dearth of pretty watercolours. It looks a lovely exhibition Amanda with some interesting work. Wishing you lots of interest and sales.
Aaaah no pretty watercolours - think I'll go and brew a strong coffee
Good luck with Artikinesis, Amanda. Hope your exhibition will be a success. We have just opened one ourselves which had some 50 people turn up for the grand opening. Lots of interest - No sales. There is a brief report with photos on my blog. https://landscapeartblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/03/exhibiting-at-a-museum/
I went to Basingstoke for a job interview once. The first thing I saw when I emerged from the railway station was a dead rat - sort of set the tone; and I didn't get the job (big mistake on the part of Basingstoke Labour Party: the bloke who did get the job managed to bankrupt it and its Labour Club - on such decisions the whole progress of one's life may rest. But I digress.) I'm sure it's not boring at all. Hardly a bit. Not very..... There are worse places .... It's just that I can't think of any offhand..... Actually I can - and one or two of them are on the Isle of Wight. At least you've got an art gallery where you can show your work. We have a few as well, but very little that's accessible, central, and a good place to sell. I'd start my own if I had any money - hallo, keen investors! Come spend with me......