water soluble pencils

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I love doing portraits in water soluble pencil bur I am having difficulty with the shadings on the face -my shadings look to harsh any ideas will be greatly recieved dave.
I don't think I've ever seen Unison pastels on sale in my local art shops (West Yorks). I've seen people using them in art classes, they are quite chunky and barrel shaped - the pastels, not the people. Jackson's art supplies shows the full range in their catalogue, which I'm looking at now. There are some interesting sets, such as : 18 starters for £24 18 dark jewels at £24 18 landscapes at £24 They might be included in the website at : www.jacksonsart.co.uk Although I've got a mix of Daler, W & N and Conte pastels I don't use them much because they are too messy and dusty
Hi I have used numerous soft and hard pastels in the past but now mainly work with unison pastels. In my opinion nothing compares to them although I haven't tried every brand as yet. I still use the hard conte pastels mainly for detail parts.