'The Artist's Drawing Book'

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
This is the title of a book by Moira Huntly published in 1994. I still make frequent reference to it. It's value is that Moira shows how to adapt subjects to different materials and methods. How to look at the subject using is say charcoal as against line. How a linear approach can be developed by laying on washes. Or the reverse washes first line added later. Each technique requires a different way of 'seeing' .The good news is that copies of the book can be bought from Amazon and other sellers. Worth snapping up if you aren't put off by Amazon's tax avoidance sales methods.
There's been little interest this post so far perhaps there will be more when I report that the book is on offer for £0.01 on Amazon. It also occurs that younger members will not know who Moira Huntly is. She has an impressive cv and her work is displayed on the 'Pastel Society' website. Worth a search.
Thanks for pointing it out, Rob, and I shall certainly have a look for it tomorrow.