Lifemodel

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I am putting out feelers for lifemodel work starting in the New Year with a view to initially working weekends for individual artists or groups. With the flexibility of working in natural settings and being used as a 3D model for various mediums. I have a wiry, scarred body, but can strike up some dynamic poses and am very open to new ideas. I am happy to pose clothed or nude. I am a very youthful 50,happy and friendly and willing also to stay weekends for longer poses, thankyou😊. Prices negotiable for longer stays and accommodation, references appreciated😊

Edited
by David52

Hi David. Hi do think you are posting in the wrong place. I used to run life drawing groups and employ life models on a casual basis. I found my source of models locally through word of mouth and local art colleges . Or on occasion meeting someone I thought would make a great model and talking them into it. None of us could shell out a large amount to pay the model but we managed a modest hourly rate. No way could we have afforded travel fees and accommodation. I think most groups work the same way. Why not advertise locally ,look up on going life groups and I’m sure you will get lots of work. Alan was quite right about advertising in arty mags. Flogging dead horses springs to my mind with your requests on here.
Well, you've got to try, haven't you? I've done very little life drawing, and so probably don't require your services - but it's always worth taking a punt; you just never know where it might lead. I agree with the others about advertising though: if you want to really take this seriously, invest some money in a regular advert in an appropriate magazine - the Artist would probably be the more likely of the two to attract attention, as a guess. Also, contact any local colleges - art or otherwise - to see if they've a vacancy for the occasional life model; plus art societies and groups. Bear in mind you might need DBS checks in some cases, in this risk-averse world. (I did once ask a life model if he ever got "excited", inappropriately - well I was younger then, with a nastier mind. He said "excited? In a chilly room, most of you freezing while a two-bar electric heater scorches your shins, and you're sitting on something that feels like an old orange-box with the nails left in, the smell of turps and instant coffee assaulting your nostrils, while Sylvia Evans leers at you from the crowd and flicks her brush at you if you so much as move a muscle?" [I made that last bit up]. "No, I don't get excited." I admit that this probably isn't exactly verbatim, especially the fictitious bit.) :Whistling: