Hair aspects of side profiles

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Dear fellow artists, I need your help. I've been struggling with this for the past few days. Could someone give some tips on how to draw my OC's side profile? A few tricks would be highly appreciated as well. Here is a reference photo of my OC so you can kinda get a idea of what I'm asking:
Well, that's a cartoon to start with, rather than a serious drawing: not that there's anything wrong with UNserious drawings.  The hair sideways on would project forward, in this case, and if done in this style of drawing, sweep up rather like a beak.  With this sort of playful image, however - I'm not at all sure why it would matter - you could do what you liked with it; and there are plenty of cartoon drawings online and in comics from which you could take an example.  
Temar - I'm no expert , but if I doodle a sketch of a person , I always make a point of establishing how the person has parted their hair . This seems to get me off to a good start . It may also have something to do with me having been married to hairdresser for 52 years - and free haircuts for 54 years . Steve Weight