Fibre tipped drawing pens and markers

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I often use fibre tipped pens, such as Copic, Faber and Pilot when drawing. I've tried using marker pens as well. Their advantage is that there's usually two sizes of nib, one at each end, and you can often by them in tonal ranges, such as cool greys and warm greys. Their drawback is that the pigment often bleeds through the paper so you can only draw on one side of the paper. Are there any markers that don't bleed through the back of the paper?
Drawing on both sides of the paper Keora has its drawbacks . If you use one side and the drawing is naff then produce a gem on the reverse side you wont be able to frame the gem drawing or show it to anyone for fear of them seeing the naff drawing at some time and you dont want that do you? How do I know these things? regards , Syd

Edited
by NorthLight

I often draw and regularly paint on both sides of the paper - if the client complains I always explain that they are getting two for the price of one. However I do draw the line (please excuse the pun) at painting on the edges - well even I'm not that mean!