Drawing Tools

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hi there Britrail,I've never heard of corri-cor. What's it used for generally?. just for backing?As long as it doesn't warp with time I guess it would be fine. I'll google it.Keep smilingChris
My figurative work, by choice, is based on an energetic essence rather than pure realism, but I do occasionally like to do freehand sketches and portraits as well as self-portraits. With portraits, I have found if I am totally relaxed, I can muster quite a good likeness. Unfortunately, if there is something important to draw, relaxation is less easy to achieve, so I am seriously thinking of using tools to avoid wasting so much time and effort. I do have a light box which I use for cartoon work (marrying character positions and backdrops). Of the bought-but-not-used products, I have a camera lucida (too much of a pain to dig out and focus) and an artograph (my room is not dark enough to see and it too is a pain to dig out to use). So that leaves graphs. And what a palava that is if you are impatient, like me. What do others use? btw, like others I used to think using tools was not done by serious artists till I read that many famous and wonderful artists used things like the camera lucida to get exact likenesses. If taking shortcuts was good enough for them... Cheers Euphrosene