Derwent Inktense

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Great portrait Bari, but how did you get the skin tones?
I met a chap on holiday many years ago who showed me the secret of painting skin, reds and greens with clean water..no particular red or green as the different combinations give you the different tones... What happened to sketch a day ?

Edited
by Bari Marsh

Water on cartridge paper can be employed - but with great care!  Or indeed, havoc, of a peculiarly moist character, is what you end up with. Watercolour pencils can be used with watercolour paints, by the way - on the heavier paper you'd normally use - and often are: get the best of both worlds.
Robert Jones, NAPA on 06/03/2022 18:03:55
I have four Conte Aquarelle pencils which I bought some forty years ago from a superb art shop in Menai Bridge and was impressed. But then I joined a drawing life class run by a  brilliant sculptress and succumbed to charcoal and black ink washes. She insisted on us using old newspaper for warm up sketches and I've never been daunted by a sheet of empty paper since. It was the loose grip and big arm movements that she cultivated which gave me the confidence to enjoy what I was doing and worked when switching to small sketchbooks. I'm hoping the class I've recently joined run by someone who is an illustrator by trade will do the same for me with colour. I will buy a few more Conte pencils and follow your advice.  Thank you.
What happened to sketch a day ?
Bari Marsh on 06/03/2022 20:58:14
It’s still going Bari as March sketch a day. If it’s not had activity for a day it goes back into general discussion so you just need to have a look there! 
Showing page 2 of 2