Can anyone give me some advice please

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
Terry you really throw yourself into your art ,don’t you ? . That’s lovely.  Shouldn’t think you need to spend another penny...ever. 
Terry you really throw yourself into your art ,don’t you ? . That’s lovely.  Shouldn’t think you need to spend another penny...ever. 
Sylvia Evans on 19/10/2019 21:42:28
Yes i did but when i really got going i realised the mistake i had made and really only needed 4 brushes and 3 colours plus 5 back-ups to do any painting i choose  That's not to say im wrong but would i think have made me more aware of what i was capable of with fewer colours When i get in my man cave its great just me and myself 
deleted

Edited
by Ian Gordon Craig

Hi Alan, I never had any formal art training after school, and never joined an art club - I learned most of what I know from Alwyn Crawshaw’s books.  Don’t know if they’re still in print, but sure you can get secondhand copies.  I found the demonstrations easy to follow, with sound theoretical advice as well, and the recommended materials easy to find.  Most important thing is to keep practicing and you’re bound to improve.
Showing page 3 of 3